Welcome to Welgelegen Manor
Located within the heart of Kosmos countryside a mere hour’s drive from Johannesburg Welgelegen Manor is steeped in a rich history.This perfect country retreat combines 19th century old world charm with modern hotel luxury.
Staying true to the Manor’s classic English residential style, the eight suites fuse contemporary comfort with the timeless glamour and heritage associated with this historical property. Each suite offers exceptional grace and comfort with views over the landscaped terraces, pool or rose gardens. The bathrooms are welcoming and spacious, offering an unique combination of style and function.
- Bar and Pool Deck – Relax and enjoy a cocktails or sun downers with view of forever.
- TV Theatre – A unique installation of large-screen viewing and theatre-style seating.
- Billiard Room – A perfect way to end off the evening or while away a lazy afternoon.
- Library – A quiet hide-away for afternoon tea
- Chess Room – perfect for rainy days or after dinner challenge
- Grass landing Strip – For aviation enthusiasts the well maintained grass landing strip offers a quick stop over for breakfast, brunch, lunch or a fly –in stay, call us for the co-ordinates and forecast should you plan a fly-in.
Travelling on from Johannesburg? If you’re planning some time in and around Cape Town, we also offer great accommodation in Cape Town and the Cape Winelands, as well as on the world famous Garden Route and Route 62. For a malaria-free safari experience, check out our Eastern Cape Safari accommodation.