Sales and Marketing Services
Lion Roars is an owner-operated hospitality group. We own and operate many of our current portfolio of 19 properties and have paid all the school fees in setting up a multi- dimensional marketing platform over many years. We maintain very strong relationships with our partner properties with regard to marketing, operations and equity relationships or a combination of all three disciplines.
As we have successfully developed, managed and marketed our own properties, we have a first-hand understanding of what an equity owner needs in terms of marketing strategy and implementation.
What do you get by being part of the Lion Roars family?
You benefit from being part of a well established brand, whilst remaining in control of your business and retaining your individual local charm and character. Large mainstream hotel brands are demanding, involve extensive red tape and considerable expense and are ill suited to boutique hospitality products. Our approval process is simple and fast and we understand the boutique market. We are also flexible, making sure that our offering is tailored directly to the needs of your particular business.
The following is a short description of our basic services and activities:
1. Sales and Marketing
1.1 Internet Marketing
Lion Roars have developed a world class website and individual lodges sites
- High traffic and continually increasing footprint
- Content manageable sites, i.e. we can maintain and develop websites to keep them dynamic, living & interesting. Significant & ongoing work on search engine optimisation (SEO)
- Active Google Adword campaigns
- Large network of internet listings (internet sites focused on presenting SA accommodation).
- Excellent presence & reviews on TripAdvisor
- Full on-line booking systems
- Live availability on all major online travel agents (Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda etc)
- Full social media programme including Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, Youtube and integration with traditional marketing media.
- Constant development programme focused on internet sales & marketing lead on a full time basis by one of our Directors
1.2 Tour Operator Marketing
- Unrivalled database & relationships built with of over 300 tour operators worldwide and their ground-handling agents in South Africa.
- Full time marketing department, including Marketing Managers, Sales Managers & Business Development Managers focused on building & maintaining strong relationships with our highest potential operators.
- Sales Consultants in Johannesburg, Cape Town, Port Elizabeth, Durban and the UK
- Regular visits to UK, Ireland, France, Italy, Germany, Scandinavia, Benelux countries, USA, Canada, South America and India
- Excellent Trade Show presence, including triple stand in the ICC at Indaba
- Strong listings in overseas brochures
- Dynamic, innovative & effective sales manual designed specifically for tour operators
- Online “i” brochure for tour operators
1.3 Corporate Marketing
- Energetic direct marketing to corporates Johannesburg, Cape Town, Port Elizabeth, Durban, East London and Bloemfontein.
- LR has excellent corporate databases. Proactive corporate telesales and email campaigns, newsletters and specials.
- Focus on top potential customers, building solid relationships in order to have “anchor customers”. These are loyal customers that month in, month out produce constant bed-nights and revenue.
- Excellent relationships with Cadburys, VW, General Motors, Investec and many other major international corporations.
1.4 Tour Group Contracts
Contracts with valuable Tour Group suppliers and are constantly extending these as they are valuable “anchor” suppliers e.g. Masters tours, Akilanga, Live the Journey, Chameleon, Swan. These provide scheduled repeat business.
1.5 Marketing Material
- High quality bi-annual group brochure which gains high exposure
- Group brochure and related material is placed in every Lion Roars room in the portfolio giving direct exposure to target market
- Individual property brochures, flyers & support materials
- Excellent promotional CDs , DVDS & support materials
1.6 Specials, Packages & Tours
- Great opportunities for setting up packages between all LR properties.
- Tour itineraries promoted & sold on Lion Roars parent sites and all subsites
- Considerable experience in specials – what works and what does not
- Full offering of tour itineraries, covering Cape Town, the Winelands, the Garden Route and Safari
1.7 Public Relations & Networking
- LR constantly seek out and maximise PR opportunities
- Parent company Lion Roars Holdings offers significant networking & PR opportunities through its diverse property & investment portfolio
- Lion Roars Foundation has secured major donor funding as well as support from the commercial operations and gives significant and ongoing support to creativity, conservation & the community
2. Central Reservations/ Sales
- Very experienced central reservations team
- Central Reservations system linked to every Lion roars site
- Extremely high conversion factor in promoting enquiries to bookings
- The LR team is exceptionally skilled in this sales function, attention to detail necessary in reservations, dealing with difficult customers and in handling the booking throughout the stay
- Scientific focus on tagging marketing, i.e. knowing where our booking or enquiry came from so that we can refine and further focus our marketing to achieve best return.
- Lion Roars has a support staff of 16 professionals working out of its Port Elizabeth head office and a young, dynamic sales and creative team in its Cape Town office. All of this close knit team are fully conversant with all the products and assist directly and indirectly in promoting the brand
- Lion Roars shareholders are directly involved in personal marketing & networking
- Lion Roars has offices in Port Elizabeth and Cape Town and representation in Durban, Johannesburg, The United Kingdom, The USA and Canada
4. Proven results & Growth
Lion Roars continues to grow. From humble beginnings Lion Roars will sell over 80,000 bed nights in 2013. This growth has a direct positive effect for all partner properties.
Email Kevin Bailey at email@example.com to talk to us about your property. Or call us on +27 (0)41 5029400.