Who We Are
Lion Roars Hotels & Lodges is a portfolio of exquisite properties located in South Africa. We pride ourselves on delivering an exceptional product to all of our guests. You can read our full story here: https://lionroars.com/about/lion-roars-story
Bukela & Hlosi Game Lodge - Amakhala Game Reserve
1) QUALIFIED FIELD GUIDE
As a Field Guide with Lion Roars, you'll have the chance to immerse yourself in the breathtaking landscapes of the Amakhala Game Reserve. Share your knowledge, lead unforgettable safaris, and connect guests with the wonders of the African wilderness.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- FGASA (Field Guides Association of Southern Africa) Level 1 (or higher) qualification.
- Valid First Aid Certificate.
- PDP (Professional Driver's Permit) and Valid driver's license.
- NDT (National Department of Tourism).
- Excellent communication and guest interaction skills.
Join us in preserving the magic of Africa's wildlife, one safari at a time.
Send your CV and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bukela Game Lodge - Amakhala Game Reserve
1) DUTY MANAGER - The Duty Manager's role is a highly versatile and dynamic position that demands a proactive and hands-on individual.
- A high school diploma (Grade 12).
- Proficiency in the MS Office suite.
- Minimum of 2 years of prior working experience in the role of Duty Manager/Lodge Anchor in a 5-star game lodge is essential.
- 2 to 4 years of experience in a similar position.
- Strong skills in Food and Beverage and hosting.
- Possession of a valid driver's license.
- Familiarity with all operational aspects of the Front Office, including reservations.
- Bilingual with excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Handle guest check-ins and check-outs.
- Assist in the day-to-day management of Lodge Operations, including Front Office, Housekeeping, Food & Beverage Service, Administration, and more.
- Supervise the setup and service for all meal and beverage offerings.
- Oversee bar and kitchen services, coordinate hosting activities, and ensure all public areas are well-maintained.
- Assist with stock control and procurement orders.
- Manage stock distribution across all lodge departments.
- Provide guest orientation and hosting services.
- Take full responsibility for the Housekeeping department and Laundry.
- Participate in daily stock issuing and maintain stock control.
- Generate daily and monthly reports and participate in stocktaking activities.
2) STOCK CONTROLLER - This is an excellent opportunity for a mature and responsible individual who is ready to take charge of the back-end operations and enhance administrative and stock management.
- A minimum of 2 to 3 years' experience in a similar administrative role within the hospitality industry.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of stock procedures and inventory control.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and familiarity with Hospitality Operating Systems.
- Solid understanding of financial procedures.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal.
- A team player with a positive attitude and enthusiasm.
- Excellent time management and self-discipline, characterised by honesty and reliability.
- Proactive and capable of taking initiative, with a creative mindset when needed.
- Committed, loyal, adaptable, and flexible in approach.
- A well-mannered team player who actively seeks solutions and is eager to learn and grow.
- Maintain accurate and timely inventory and stock management systems, adhering to established parameters.
- Conduct regular stocktakes and provide reports to the General Manager promptly, highlighting variances and suggesting improvements.
- Procure equipment and supplies within budgetary constraints, monitoring and controlling budget variances among department heads.
- Conduct supplier comparisons to secure the best value for items.
- Ensure proper allocation of stock items to their respective inventory accounts.
- Periodically audit high-value stock items.
- Report any irregularities in stock levels and values to the Lodge Manager.
- Collaborate with department heads to manage mid-month and end-of-month stock takes with precision and adherence to deadlines.
- Obtain supplier statements in a timely manner and reconcile them before finalizing the workbook with the Lodge Manager.
- Accurately capture invoices in the Operating system and ensure timely processing of Goods Received Vouchers (GRVs).
- Manage beverage stock, maintain PAR (Reorder Point) levels, and review prices when necessary, updating systems and menus accordingly.
- Maintain accurate records of stock on the Operating System, overseeing issue and transfer processes, and communicating sales variance issues with management.
- Schedule and coordinate maintenance for Food and Beverage department equipment, such as refrigeration and ice machines.
- Step into duty manager roles as needed, hosting guests and ensuring smooth operations during service shifts.
Please email email@example.com:
- Your CV
- A cover letter and expected salary
Plett Quarter Hotel - Plettenberg Bay
Is hiring for the following three positions. All positions require significant experience within the hospitality industry.
- Restaurant General Manager
- Maintenance Manager
- Head Chef (Restaurant experience essential).
You will need to indicate your name and the position you are applying for in the subject line of your email.
Lion Roars - Cape Town
Is hiring for the following two positions. All positions require experience within the hospitality industry.
1.) RESERVATIONS AGENT
As a Reservations Agent, you'll be the friendly face and voice behind our reservations desk. Your mission? Showcasing our facilities, maximising revenue, and exceeding guest expectations. Experience essential.
- Fluent in spoken and written English.
- Exceptional telephone etiquette.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Prior hotel front office operations or sales experience, ideally in a four or five-star setting.
- Computer literate, with a preference for Portfolio experience.
- Well-groomed, approachable, and professional.
- Customer Service.
- Open communication.
To apply, please send your updated CV to
with the Subject Line: 'Your Name' / 'Reservationist Application.' Kindly specify your expected salary in the email body.
2.) SWITCHBOARD & RESERVATIONS ADMIN
We're in search of a talented individual to join our team in Cape Town as a Switchboard & Reservations Admin. Your friendly and efficient approach will be key in representing our company with pride.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Managing the switchboard and directing calls efficiently.
- Assisting with various office tasks and maintaining office standards.
- Being the face and voice of our company.
- Handling administrative duties and ensuring defect-free outcomes.
- A friendly and professional demeanour.
- Ability to remain composed during busy periods and handle challenging situations.
- Excellent interpersonal and telephone manners.
- Strong administrative and written communication skills.
- Trustworthiness to handle office stock and petty cash.
- Team player with a willingness to assist in all areas.
- Familiarity with switchboard management and office software.
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- To excel in this role, you'll need to ensure calls are answered promptly, handle them efficiently, and maintain the office standards.
Ready to join us? Send your CV and expected salary to firstname.lastname@example.org
.Don't miss this opportunity to be part of our team!
Plett Quarter Hotel – Plettenberg Bay
Is hiring for the following positions. All positions require experience within the hospitality industry.
- Experienced Guest Service Agents (receptionists)
- Night Auditor
- Laundry Supervisor
- Assistant Restaurant Manager
- Food and Beverage Supervisors
- Pastry Chef
- Receiving Clerk
- Maintenance Manager
To apply, please email your CV and salary expectations to email@example.com.
(You will need to indicate your name and the position you’re applying for in the subject line of your email).
Three Boutique Hotel - Cape Town
1) TEMPORARY RECEPTIONIST
Are you ready to join our vibrant team at a 4* Boutique Hotel in Central Cape Town? We're looking for a temporary Front Desk Receptionist who enjoys multi-tasking and is as dynamic as our bustling environment.
We're an 18-bed boutique hotel that thrives on creating memorable guest experiences. Our dedicated team of professionals knows the value of working together, and we're looking for someone who's not just a receptionist but a true team player.
- Attend daily handovers during your shift and ensure follow-up on any pending tasks.
- Handle all guest check-ins and check-outs according to hotel standards.
- Assist our guests with any inquiries and make their stay unforgettable.- Be ready to tackle any other tasks directed by the manager on duty, ensuring our front desk runs seamlessly.
- Matric certificate.
- Fluent in English.
- Computer literacy is a must.
This is more than just a job; it's an opportunity to become a crucial part of our close-knit team. If you're flexible, energetic, and eager to contribute to our success, we'd love to hear from you.
Interested in this exciting opportunity? Send your resume and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org
Kloof Street Hotel - Cape Town
WAITRONS | BARMEN | BARISTAS
Requirements for these positions include:
- A friendly and professional demeanour
- Previous experience in an upmarket establishment is essential
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Trustworthy and reliable
- Ability to remain calm and work efficiently under pressure
- Skill in handling challenging situations
- Proven ability to upsell
If you meet these criteria and are ready to contribute to a dynamic team, we want to hear from you! Please email your CV along with a head and shoulder photograph to email@example.com.